It's been a long long time since I sat with my laptop and scribbled something to put on my blog. Quite a lot have happened in the last six months, due to which I could not find time to gather thoughts to write a thoughtful blog. You might notice from this post that I have lost the touch of writing to my lethargic attitude. Just a word of caution, this post might be a boring one, but I need to write to get back to where I left it. So bear with me :)

So What have I been up to? Well, since the last few months I have been trying to figure out myself. What are my interests? What I wanna be? What should I be doing? What kinda girls I like? Which of my hobbies should I grow further and take it up as a career option? Blah Blah. And frankly speaking I haven't found an answer for any (quite a complex creature I am, you see). So chuck it.

The one great thing that I have done during this period is that I have gained some control over my life. Since many years I have been procrastinating the renovation of my house. There were many reasons behind that. 1. My job requires me to fly any time on a short notice. So it would have been difficult to start the renovation work and leave it mid-way. 2. Since a couple of years, I have been hearing about my society going in for redevelopment. So no point if so much money is spent to renew my house just for 2-3 yrs. 3. It required a lot of efforts to be put in to find an alternative place to stay until the work is done, monitor the progress of work, keep an eye on the workers, keep a tab on the expenditure, etc. Apart from these, the major reason was that I was not ready for such a huge decision. After the death of my parents I have hardly taken any big financial decisions, like over a 2 lac rupees. I was unsure whether I would get the results I expect out of the money I spend and would it be worth spending at this moment.

With all these thoughts tormenting my mind, my life was getting messier. Then one fine day I decided to put an end to it. I attended the AGM of my society for the first time. There I realized that my society would not undergo renovation for at least 3-4 more years. Moreover, some of the members had taken up small renovation works at their respective places. So I was sure that these members would be in opposition to the redevelopment any time. That's when I made up my mind to beautify my house. I spoke to my cousin Gauri about I needing a place to stay. Gauri and Ujjwal whole heartedly invited me to stay over at their place until the work is done. I am very grateful to them as this would not have been possible otherwise.

The contractor that I'd appointed also took off much burden off my head since he was the one point contact for every piece of work being carried out. He also handled a few quarrels during the work in my society.

While the work was in progress at my place, the whole family once met at my aunt's place, where the thought of buying a used car popped up. My bro-in-law Sandeep advised to for a new one instead as he had a bad experience with his used car. So we did some research on cars on the web. Right from the beginning, the only car that fit into all my requirements was Ford Figo. We went to take a test drive. Both my brother-in-law took the test drives while I sat in the passenger seat. I was not that confident a driver then. Both of them liked the car. Now I was again in second thoughts whether I should buy the car. I was already spending a lot of money on renovation, plus there would be furniture required, plus electronics, plus I was about to fly to Thailand for a trip, and on top of that this new expense behind the car. Was I ready for such a huge expenditure that would sweep away all my bank balance? Then I gave a thought to the fact that whatever balance I have gathered in my account was within the last 5 years. So, even if I drain out all the money, it would take me just 5 yrs (or may be less) to reach there again.

So here I am today with all the accounts empty, still happy for what I have achieved. I have a good clean home, an awesome car, mind-boggling electronic gadgets and a bean bag :) Believe it or not I have not been this happy and satisfied ever before. I love my house, I love my car, I love my family and I love my friends. But yeah, my job sucks! So there is still some room for betterment.

Now let's talk about the Thailand trip. Actually there is not much to talk about Thailand. You gotta be there to believe it and experience it yourself. If Mumbai is the city that never sleeps, then Thailand is a whole country with Insomnia. You find people on the streets whenever you go out. And they are not just walking. They are playing music, selling stuff, selling food, and many of the women selling themselves. It's an awesome party atmosphere there. You feel like a king with all the ladies wanting you and pulling you from all the sides. Ours was an eight days trip with four places to visit. So we did not get much time to absorb the aura and experience each place to the fullest. 

However, the rooms we booked at each of the places we visited were overwhelming. Huge rooms at cheap prices. To add to that, beer is very cheap, 10-15 bucks cheaper than Indian prices. And you can find girls for economical prices too :) So let's just say we had a wonderful time in Thailand. For people interested in visiting Thailand, I would just say do not miss Pattaya, do not miss The Walking Street in Pattaya, do not miss Mouline Rougue (The Gentleman's Club) at the Walking Street and do not miss Natalie's and Linda's performance at Mouline Rouge :)

After the Thai trip, there was the New Year's Eve which was a mess. People, a lesson to learn here. When you get passes to a grand party for cheap prices, DO NOT GO THERE! It was so crowded that you didn't even have space to expand your lungs. Apart from that the liquor brands that were being served were the one's that you'll have when you are broke, the cheapest of the lot. And to add to the pain, there were only three bar counter, each just a couple of meters wide. It took 20 minutes to get one drink from the counter. On top of that the crowd (I know I said it once, but still). We were a group of around 25 people that day, but at any point even five of us could not meet and the same place.

And now recently, I am back from the BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDING. A friend of mine got married. The wedding was something I would never imagine of. A complete 5-star hotel booked for the guests for two days, with a plethora of cuisines and international liquors. We had expected the wedding to be grand after the teasers we witnessed at his Bachelor's party (Belly dancers and all), but this was way past our expectations. I didn't get to attend the Sangeet and the Pool Party, but I heard were awesome. Most of the friends kept hogging on the food and pouring the drinks down their throats, with minimal attention given to the bride, the groom and the wedding. It was a real FAT wedding with some good memories to cherish.

So, that's it. That's what I have been up to until today. Hope I catch up with my writing skills and give you much better things to read in the coming days.

Comments (0)